Monday, October 9, 2017

Blizzard technique



More Falliday Fest challenges today! Oh, did I mention there are prizes?? Head on over to Splitcoast and see what all the fun is about.

My first card used a technique that was a fun and easy and one I had not tried before. On Night of Navy card stock I used an acrylic block that was wrapped in Tim Holtz tinsel trim, dipped in white acrylic craft paint and then applied to the card stock to create a blizzard effect. It called for yarn, eyelash yarn gives even more texture but I could not find mine. I am seriously trying to resist the impulse to run out and buy things I know I already have somewhere. Usually the item turns up a day or two after I stop looking for it :)
The rest of the card supplies were: Marigold Morning, Whisper White thick, and glitter card stocks, gold organdy ribbon, sentiment and small village dies (unknown).

The second challenge called for birds or feathers so there were many directions to go with this theme. I wanted to get some Halloween cards out of the way before I start in on Christmas.
 I used this Halloween stamp from Stampendous with the raven in it. Stamped twice, once on vanilla and then again on a chipboard tag that was covered with gesso and sprayed with shimmer spray. Layered the tag over main image that had been inked with Tim Holtz distress oxides. Highlighted leaves with markers. Stamped a vine in tangerine over the tag side. Embellished with ombre ribbon and a tin brad.

1 comment:

mudmaven said...

I also find that things turn up just as soon as I buy them again. Love the blizzard technique and will be opening Fibber Magee's closet tomorrow to try to find some eyelash yarn! Thanks for sharing these wonderful projects! ~chris